How do I free up storage space on my iPhone?Author: Carlie Koepp | Last update: Saturday, November 20, 2021
- Stop storing texts forever. By default, your iPhone stores all of the text messages you send and receive... ...
- Don't double-save photos. ...
- Stop the Photo Stream. ...
- Clear your browser cache. ...
- Delete downloaded music. ...
- Delete downloaded podcasts. ...
- Delete your reading list.
What should I delete when my iPhone storage is full?
- Clear out old photos and videos. ...
- Delete unused apps. ...
- Uninstall and reinstall storage hungry apps. ...
- Delete old message threads. ...
- Keep iTunes music and video to a minimum.
How do I free up space on my iPhone without deleting everything?
- Delete iMessage attachment files.
- Disable Photo Stream.
- Turn off sharing photos in iCloud.
- Disable saving duplicate photos when shooting in HDR.
- Delete “Burst Mode” photos.
- Delete duplicate photos on iPhone.
- Clear Safari cache.
- Clean up iBooks, Videos and Podcasts content.
What happens when your iPhone storage is almost full?
The warning that's the kiss of death to iPhone users, “Storage Almost Full” means things on your smartphone suddenly become much less smart, Mail stops working, you can't take pictures, performance slows.
How do you free up storage?
- Go to your phone's settings, and select “Storage.” You'll see information on how much space is in use and a list of file categories.
- Tap on the “Free up space” button.
How to Delete Other Storage on Your iPhone
Why is my iPhone storage full when I have iCloud storage?
For most Apple users, backups, photos, and messages can take up half of your storage space or more. ... Backups of your devices are often the culprits behind a full iCloud storage space. It's entirely possible you had your old iPhone set to upload backups to the cloud automatically, and then never removed those files.
How do I free up space on my iPhone without deleting Photos or apps?
- Attempt to rent a movie with a large file size. ...
- Delete unused or unnecessary storage-eating apps. ...
- Delete old text messages. ...
- Stop using My Photo Stream. ...
- Don't keep both photos when you enable HDR mode. ...
- Clear your browser's cache. ...
- Turn off automatic app updates.
Does iCloud free up space on iPhone?
Use the Cloud
Moving files to the Cloud is an easy way to free up space locally on your iPhone. For those with large Camera Rolls, enabling Apple iCloud offers 5GB of space for free. ... There's also an option under Settings > iCloud > Photos (when iCloud Photo Library is turned on) called Optimize iPhone Storage.
Why does my iPhone keep saying I have no Storage?
Clear Cache Files in Safari on Your iPhone
To do it, launch the Settings app and tap on Safari to open the Safari browser settings. Tap on the option that says Clear History and Website Data to clear Safari cache files. That should do the trick and your iPhone storage is a full issue that will likely be gone.
How do I clean up my iPhone storage?
- Check Your Total Usage. First, assess how much space you have. ...
- Find Apps Taking Up the Most Space. ...
- Check Your Photo and Video Use. ...
- Wade Out of the Stream. ...
- Remove Unwanted Music. ...
- Get (Rid of) the Message. ...
- Empty Your Browser's Cache. ...
- A Note About 'Other'
How do I empty the cache on my iPhone?
- Open your iPhone's settings.
- Scroll until you see the eligible app, then tap it.
- Look for a "Clear cache" option. If the toggle next to it is green, tap it to clear the app's cache.
Why is my iPhone Storage full after deleting apps?
This may happen because of a bug or if you disable the 'Optimize iPhone Storage' feature. To prevent this from happening, you will need to disable the iCloud feature on your iPhone. Go to the Settings on your iPhone and tap your Apple ID profile. Then tap on the iCloud option and tap on the Photos option.
How can I get more space on my phone without deleting everything?
- Clear the cache. A large number of Android apps use the stored or cached data to ensure a better user experience. ...
- Store your photos online.
Does deleting emails free up space on iPhone?
Delete Emails Sooner
The items that are waiting to be deleted take up space on your phone, so if you delete them sooner, you'll free up space faster. ... The emails that you delete will leave your phone (and its storage) on the schedule you chose.
Do photos stay on iPhone if deleted from iCloud?
When you delete a photo or video from the Photos app on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, it also deletes from your iCloud Photos and any other devices where you're signed in to iCloud Photos. It also no longer counts towards your iCloud storage.
Do photos stay on iCloud forever?
iCloud Photos automatically keeps every photo and video you take in iCloud, so you can access your library from any device, anytime you want. Any changes you make to your collection on one device change on your other devices too. Your photos and videos are organized into Years, Months, Days, and All Photos.
How do I keep photos in iCloud but delete from iPhone?
Usually, your iPhone automatically backs up to your iCloud account, and if you delete photos from your iPhone, they'll also be deleted from your iCloud. To get around this, you can turn off iCloud photo sharing, sign in to a different iCloud account, or use a cloud server other than iCloud for photo sharing.
How do I use my iPhone storage instead of iCloud storage?
- Head to Settings and tap on your name (underneath should read “Apple ID, iCloud, iTunes, & App Store”). ...
- Select “Change Storage Plan”.
- From those available, choose which storage plan works best for your needs.
- Once selected, tap on Buy.
- You may be prompted to sign in with your Apple ID to confirm the purchase.
What should I backup iCloud?
- App data.
- Apple Watch backups.
- Device settings.
- Home screen and app organization.
- iMessage, text (SMS), and MMS messages.
- Photos and videos on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Purchase history from Apple services, like music, movies, TV shows, apps, and books.
Why is my phone Storage full after deleting everything?
If you've deleted all the files you don't need and you're still receiving the "insufficient storage available" error message, you need to clear out Android's cache. ... (If you are running Android Marshmallow or later, go to Settings, Apps, select an app, tap Storage and then choose Clear Cache.)
Should I clear cookies on my iPhone?
You might need to clear your cookies on an iPhone to resolve a problem with the way your browser is behaving, or to save storage space. And some privacy advocates recommend blocking cookies entirely, so that websites can't glean personal information about you.
How do I clear my cache and cookies on my iPhone?
- To clear your history and cookies, go to Settings > Safari, and tap Clear History and Website Data. ...
- To clear your cookies and keep your history, go to Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website Data, then tap Remove All Website Data.
How do I clean my cache?
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app .
- At the top right, tap More .
- Tap History. Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to "Cookies and site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
- Tap Clear data.
Does deleting photos on iPhone free up space?
When you delete a photo on the iPhone it doesn't actually get deleted. ... But while photos and videos remain in the Recently Deleted album, they're still taking up space on your phone. And if you use the camera much, it's very easy to run out of space.
Can my doctor tell my parents I vape?
What happens when the catalytic converter goes bad?