Why does my LG phone keep freezing?Author: Lilyan Zboncak | Last update: Sunday, February 13, 2022
Memory. If its intermittent, check the phones memory space, if you are running low, this may be the reason for the phone freezing, delete files, text or pictures that are no longer used to free up space.
What causes an LG phone to freeze?
A lack of storage space can cause a phone to pause or appear to stop working, while full (or almost full) storage may slow the device. Delete problem iOS or Android apps. If the phone frequently freezes after you open an app, remove the app. Some apps are flawed or prone to crashes.
What do you do when your LG phone freezes?
- Restart the phone. As a first measure, use the power button to turn your phone off and back on again.
- Perform a forced restart. If the standard restart doesn't help, simultaneously press and hold the power and volume down keys for more than seven seconds. ...
- Reset the phone.
How do you get your phone to stop freezing up?
If your phone is practically unusable, Android devices have a safe mode option – hold down the power button and then hold down on turn off phone when it appears on screen – which can help you remove any apps that are causing it.
How do I fix an unresponsive LG touch screen?
- Restart Android Device.
- Remove Memory Card & SIM Card.
- Put Device in Safe Mode.
- Factory Reset Android Device in Recovery Mode.
- Calibrate Touch Screen on Android with Apps.
- Test Touch Screen on Android Device.
- Knock the Touch Screen.
- Fix Water Damaged Touch Screen.
Fix Android Phone Freezing Crashing Not Responding or Slow
How do you soft reset a LG phone?
To Perform a Soft Reset:
Press and hold the Volume Down and Power keys simultaneously until the device reboots. Typically this will take 11-12 seconds.
What causes unresponsive touch screen?
A smartphone touchscreen can become unresponsive for several reasons. For example, a brief hiccup in your phone's system could render it unresponsive. While this is often the simplest cause of unresponsiveness, other factors like moisture, debris, app glitches and viruses can all have an effect.
Why is my phone running slow and freezing?
If your Android is running slow, chances are the issue can be quickly fixed by clearing out excess data stored in your phone's cache and deleting any unused apps. A slow Android phone may require a system update to get it back up to speed, although older phones may not be able to run the latest software properly.
What causes your phone to freeze?
One of the common reasons phone freezes is lack of storage space. Your device needs some storage space to store temporary system and app files when needed. To keep your device running as expected, you recommend you have at least 500MB – 1GB of available internal storage.
Why does my screen freeze?
Typically, it will be a software-related issue or your computer has too many programs operating at any once, causing it to freeze. Additional issues such as insufficient hard-disk space or 'driver'-related issues also can cause a computer to freeze.
Why is my phone frozen and wont turn off?
Force your phone to restart.
On many modern Androids, you can press and hold the power button for about 30 seconds (sometimes more, sometimes less) to force it to restart. On most Samsung models, you can force-restart by pressing-and-holding both the volume-down and right-side power buttons at the same time.
How do I fix an unresponsive touch screen android?
- Turn on safe mode.
- Touch the screen. If the screen works in safe mode, an app is most likely causing your issue.
- Turn off safe mode.
- To find the app that causes issues, uninstall recently downloaded apps one by one.
Why does everything keep stopping on my phone?
Google Play Store Keeps Crashing
When this happens, it's usually an issue of your cache being corrupt or too full. It's a simple fix to clear it! Go to Settings> Applications> All Apps> Google Play Store> Storage and select Clear Cache. Restart your phone once you're finished!
How do you know if your phone has a virus?
- Your phone is too slow.
- Apps take longer to load.
- The battery drains faster than expected.
- There is an abundance of pop-up ads.
- Your phone has apps you don't remember downloading.
- Unexplained data usage occurs.
- Higher phone bills arrive.
Why does my phone randomly freeze then restart?
Due to many reasons, such as harmful apps, hardware problems, a cache data issue, or a corrupt system, you may find your Android repeatedly crashing and restarting.
How do I clear Android cache?
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app .
- At the top right, tap More .
- Tap History. Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to "Cookies and site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
- Tap Clear data.
How do I make my phone run like new?
- A Simple Restart Can Bring Pace To Your Android Device. ...
- Keep Your Phone Updated. ...
- Uninstall and Disable Apps That You Don't Need. ...
- Clean Up Your Home Screen. ...
- Clear Cached App Data. ...
- Try To Use Lite Versions of Apps. ...
- Install Apps From Known Sources. ...
- Turn off or Reduce Animations.
How do I fix my phone screen not responding?
- Restart the device. It may sound pretty basic, but when your touch screen stops working, simply restarting your touch screen device is usually all it takes to fix the problem. ...
- Clean the touch screen and screen protector.
How do I fix the touchscreen on my phone?
Reboot Your Phone
Press and hold the Power button to display the power menu, then tap Restart if you're able. If you're unable to touch the screen to select the option, on most devices you can hold down the Power button for several seconds to switch off your phone.
How do you fix a glitching phone screen?
- Restart your Android phone. ...
- Update the OS on your Android phone. ...
- Update the apps on your Android. ...
- Check brightness settings. ...
- Disable any blue light filter apps you have installed. ...
- Disable Night Light or blue light filter settings. ...
- Clear the cache on your Android phone.
What's the difference between soft reset and hard reset?
My understanding of these terms: soft reset happens when you power down the phone and then restarting. Hard reset is a factory reset. It us when you erase all of the information you have put in it and returning it (hopefully ) to the state it was when new.
Does a soft reset erase everything?
This reset is simply power cycling the cell phone turning it off and then back on. The Soft Reset does not cause any loss of data on the phone. ... This reset removes all user data from the phone and resets the phone to its factory default settings.
How do I unfreeze my LG g4?
- Press and hold the Volume Down and Power keys simultaneously until the device reboots. Typically this will take 11-12 seconds.
- Release the keys when you see the LG bootup logo.